Your Grammar Sucks is a series made by Jack Douglass as part of his YouTube channel Jacksfilms, and is arguably its biggest series to date. It began with Jack reading YouTube comments containing spelling and grammatical errors, hence the series name, but expanded to Twitter and Facebook as the series progressed.
The first episode of the series, which debuted on June 20th, 2011, has garnered over 3.2 million views as of January 2016. The series eventually grew on to turn the comments into songs and "special editions" (Rebecca Black, Twilight, Justin Bieber, etc). For its 40th episode the series turned into a sketch comedy compilation of skits, and that style was reused for the 50th episode special. It has also released three "best-of" compilations; the first one debuted in June 2012 at 20 minutes long. The sequel debuted exactly one year later at 27 minutes long. The third was released on June 23, 2014, and is about 28 minutes long. As of now, Jack has released 115 main episodes. Jack planned to release the 100th episode somewhere early in 2015, stating in a live broadcast that it would be a full length movie. It was also foreshadowed that YGS #100 would be the final episode of the series. Jack, however, in early June 2015, stated that weekly YGS episodes would return after #100. The series also includes special guests such as Toby Turner, Sean Klitzner, Vincent Cyr, Olga Kay, Grace Helbig, PewDiePie, Brock Baker, and Ian and Anthony from Smosh. The series airs on Fridays--"Every Damn Friday", as the videos call it--but once defied its own rule and released "every damn someday".
Episode Trends & FactsEdit
- The term "Biches " started in the original episode.
- :A what a fucke?! started on YGS 21.
- Oh, Olga! started 10 episodes later, however, it was mentioned in YGS 32.
- Starting with YGS #40, Jack created special episodes known as "Sketch-Taculars", in which he gets help from other YouTubers to perform.
- Starting with YGS #21, Jack plays drinking games as Chad "Broseph" Huntington in every episode numbered with a "1". He sometimes gets help from his friends.
- Starting from YGS #55, an outro song plays instead of Jack simply talking to the audience.
- Every year, on the anniversary of the release of the very first Your Grammar Sucks episode, Jack releases a "Best-Of" compilation video.
- Your Grammar Sucks 100 is a full length YGS film which features more than 50 YouTubers
- Late in the series, Jacksfilms started to say "That's almost a hundred." in the videos. This may have been retired, but in 115, he says "That's almost five hundred." hinting at a possible return.
This is the list of YGS episodes to reach more than 2M views.
|YOUR GRAMMAR SUCKS #100||11M+|
|THE BEST OF YGS||3.7M+|
|Your Grammar Sucks||3.2M+|
|YOUR GRAMMAR SUCKS #20||3M+|
|YOUR GRAMMAR SUCKS #40: SKETCH||3M+|
|YOUR GRAMMAR SUCKS #100||2.5M+|
|THE BEST OF YGS||2.4M+|
|YOUR GRAMMAR SUCKS #60||2.1M+|
|YOUR GRAMMAR SUCKS #99: THE MEGARAP||2M+ (closest to reach)|
|YOUR GRAMMAR SUCKS #107||2M+|
|YOUR GRAMMAR SUCKS #113||3M+|